Friday, April 20, 2012

Looking Back

I'm having one of those "fat moments" this very minute. A vulnerable moment when no matter what you do or don't eat, you feel like a swollen whale. It's an esteem killer.

I'll be honest: I feel so disgusted with myself, what I look like, and all I've wanted to do was get back on track. I feel like I've failed.

This week's diet hasn't been on track. Far from it, really. I've been under quite a bit of stress this week: it's been incredibly busy and hectic, and with that, I eat; I eat a lot. Last night I rode 8 miles, but only after consuming a Rallyburger and fries because I was so stressed. They rang my order up without fries last night, and I recall specifically saying please give me fries, I need it. I rode last night because I felt I needed beating myself up and sort of punish myself for what I ate. I felt so guilty and I still do today. It's a huge  moment of weakness.

So with that, I'm going to leave a gem of hope. A picture of my before, and middle of my weight loss journey. The mere weeks before I plateaued. Maybe it will help me find the motivation to buckle down again.

After all, I'm letting myself down. I'm failing at my goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment