Friday, February 17, 2012

The Buffet (dun, dun, dunnnn...)

Ugh. The buffet.

That’s all I have to say and I can hear the blood-curdling scream from a horror movie in the back of my mind.

I am currently mapping out what I’m going to eat at a Chinese Buffet across town on a Post-It. I’m meeting some family in from Indianapolis to grab a bite to eat, but I’m going to be honest: Buffets scare the daylights out of me.

As I’ve said before, I have a horrible “portion distortion” problem, and tend to eat until I want to vomit. I’m so full; it’s sickening, gross, and uncomfortable.

But here’s the catch: I’m trying to be responsible and be honest with myself. It’s where and WHY I’ve got off track with my weight loss. I tend to cheat the system and think I’m getting away with it. I think if I don’t track it or write it down, no one knows, not even myself and that it’s calorie free. (I can smell the bull brewing.)

So here’s a word of advice, and this takes a TON of discipline (none of which I have):

Map out what you are going to eat ahead of time… AND STICK WITH IT!

I tend to do this if I know I’m going out to eat. I hate doing it. I feel like a fool for doing research about what I’m going to eat, but if you want to get serious, and be honest with yourself, it will help ease you knowing you have a plan. It won’t be easy for me, as I love Chinese food and I tend to turn into a zombie at the sight of any yummy food. That zombie-feeling is what makes me nervous. I know I didn’t get to 250 lbs overnight, but I also know that I don’t want to go back. I want to be healthy, and that takes dedication and discipline.

So no cheating, no regrets or… Know cheating, know regrets.

Wish me luck! I’m going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment