Friday, July 13, 2012

Preparing for the Getaway

As I'm sitting here pondering my upcoming vacation over a grilled chicken (no mayo) sandwich and side salad, I am starting to panic. It may be trivial, or downright idiotic, but I'm freaking about my upcoming vacation.

It should be a relaxing time, right?! I mean, it's vacation! How could I be stressing, you ask?

A while ago, my husband and I decided to take a trip. Being the hockey fan I am, I/we (mainly I) chose to take a summer road trip to Toronto, while stopping in Niagara Falls on our way home for a night.

As a born and raised US citizen, that poses a slight problem: US cell phone service + Canada = Insane International Roaming Charges.

Insane Roaming Charges = No Data, just limited phone calls/text messages

No Data = No Food Tracking on My Fitness Pal

See my issue?

I'm not the greatest eater when I don't track. It's on. That's really all I can say. I eat everything in sight, thinking one day won't hurt. One day turns into a "week off," and on and on, until in no time I've gained 10 pounds. That's what happened the last time I took a "break."

I know it may sound slightly crazy, and yes, I probably am worrying more than I should've, but it's a concern, as I've been off the wagon before. I know how hard it was to get back on.

Tracking is a fabulous habit to have. It's been proven keeping some sort of food journal holds you accountable. It's helped me lose what I have. I can't do it without tracking anymore, therefore this will be tough. Tracking is second nature to me.

Say a prayer. It is vacation, and I know this is a life-long journey. A week won't kill me right? I just have to accept the "feedback" and move on.

I'll report back in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment