Monday, September 10, 2012

A Mini-Milestone

I've been sick for the past few days, keep that in mind, but I can honestly say my appetite hasn't suffered. Unless it's the flu, it usually doesn't. Ever. (#omnomnomnom) ;)

I've been in a baking mood lately, thank you Fall, which normally proves dangerous. (Future Blog to come!) Between Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Muffins (The 2 point Weight Watcher recipe), Oreo Truffles, or Mini Peanut Butter Brownies, it's been a little rocky... I'm not ashamed when it comes to baked goods.

Normally Weigh In days aren't until Wednesday morning, but I try to monitor through the week whether I'm up or down, to see if I need to kick it up a notch or not. Cut to the chase, this morning I weighed in at 174.8, down from 175.4 last week!

Give me a sec to take it in.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! Happy dance! :)

This is the first time in my weight loss journey I've been below 175!!! Sick or not, I'm so excited!

I firmly believe that mini goals are the way to go. It was the first thing I leaned during this big life change. Of course in the beginning, I knew what I had to lose. 105 lbs total to get to my healthy weight range. ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE.

My first thought? "There's no way. Absolutely none. You're nuts if you think I'll reach it."

I started out with the goal to lose 5%. I lost that in the first two weeks!

Next up? 10%, or 25 lbs. At that time I was ecstatic to lose 25, a I just didn't think I could ever do it. I would be thrilled to have 25 gone! That initial 25 lbs, turned into 35, 40, 50, and so on until I hit 75!

In order to seek results, you must have goals. If you don't obtain a goal, don't mope and pout. Ask yourself why it didn't work; give yourself feedback! That is some advice I can give that I only learned through this process, and it hasn't slowed or stopped! I've exceeded my "dream" of losing 50 pounds, and I've just adjusted. Now I want to hit that 100 lb century mark!

But I'll be honest: After getting back from vacation, my goals have lacked, and so has my weight loss. Before vacation, I had set off to lose 10 pounds, and it didn't happen. I was at 180, and wanted to be at 170 before I left, but I was able to shave off 5. Better than nothing, right? Since I've been home, I haven't had much goals in mind, and I've struggled. Currently I work full-time, have a part-time direct selling business, and oh yeah, I started school again in pursuit of my degree. It hasn't left me much time to think about my weight loss, but I am still counting calories, and definitely watching what I eat.

I've thrown the idea around of getting a gym membership, or possibly a trainer, as I'm nervous as heck around gym machines. I need help. I've never used them, always have taken classes, but it's a goal to be toned. I wish I could waive a magic wand and lose the jiggle, but wouldn't we all?! And let's be honest, just running, or just doing Zumba, or just walking isn't necessarily enough to stave off that jiggle. My behind needs a boost, and that goes along with my arms, tummy, thighs, and so on...

Bottom line: No matter where you are in your journey, set a goal. That goes for life too. You never know what you'll be able to achieve if you don't have a dream or goal in mind!



“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
-Jimmy Dean

1 comment:

  1. I agree- short term goals are the way to go. They keep you accountable but they aslo seem realistic enough that you don't get overwhelmed by it. Right now my goal is to maintain my weight while training for the half but I still weigh myself and track what I am eating because those habits help keep me focused on my weight even if I am not in weight loss mode right now.

    ReplyDelete