Thursday, July 11, 2013

The End is Near

Well... Sort of.

Last night I was asked a question I've never really thought of, allowing one thought I never imagined to really sink in until that moment.

"What are you going to do to celebrate?"

To be honest, I really couldn't answer the question. I literally am staring 2.2 lbs in the face, saying, "I will lose you. Your end is near," but when asked how would I celebrate hitting goal, what would I do? Of course the Brooks Laich jersey is a MUST, planning to finally purchase my favorite NHL player's sweater to fit my smaller frame, in addition to donating my hair to Locks of Love (...though I'm scared to death to chop off what I've grown. I keep thinking, "it's for a child in need. My hair can grow back").

It honestly hadn't struck me that after 3 years of healthier eating, working out, watching my "diet" (I hate that word, because it really isn't one) food P's and Q's, ups, downs, countless trips to thrift shops and Goodwill for new-ish, last minute career clothes shopping, it's almost over.

Now, when I say, "it's over," I'm not talking about my weight loss journey being completely over (like a bad breakup or something). I'm not done; no, noooooo....

 (I couldn't resist...) ;)

I still have goals to achieve, skin to tighten, muscle to gain, and of course maintain my current weight. I can promise you one thing, I'm not putting back on what I've lost ever again. (Not that amount anyway. When kids come, obviously some will go back on, but it won't be 100 lbs, that's for damn sure. And it will be the safe way; what's healthy for both momma and baby. And to answer that other question, NO, I'm not.)

But as for a celebration, I haven't really thought that far...

I've thought about going out to eat. Meh.

I've thrown around the idea of shopping, though I'm going weekend mostly out of necessity (and needed girl-time with a friend). Meh.

I just don't really think I will celebrate it. Yeah, it's pretty cool I've been able to get this off, that I've hit the 100 lb mark. But I'm still just the humble, "Aw, shucks," me. I did it for reasons that are still hard to explain without wanting to cry my eyes out, but I did it for me. For my health. For my future.

I can really, truly say that I've finally completed one goal I never thought would happen, but to celebrate it? Meh.

Maybe with signing up for a fourth 5K? Ok... but the search is on! Something different...Hmmm..

I at least can promise the happy dance from ordering my Brooksie jersey will be enough for us all. (You'll hear me screaming for joy from miles away...)

So, maybe soon enough that 2.2 lbs will be gone. Maybe I'll even be able to lose it by my birthday in a few weeks? That would make one pretty neat birthday gift to myself.

What I do know is that even though the "end" is near, this isn't the "end." Think a new route to an already pretty awesome ride; one ride that's helped me grow, mature, and in a way find who I am, all while getting healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment