Friday, April 5, 2013

Attempting New Tastes

I'll be honest: I get super nervous when trying new things, especially when it comes to different types of cuisine. If it doesn't have a menu or nutrition information posted online to where I can research, I get super nervous. I'm still not at the stage yet in my weightloss journey where I can trust myself. (It's why I try to avoid buffets altogether. Just a bad idea for me. Period.)

A year or so ago, a new Thai restaurant opened on the north side of town where I work. Most everything yummy/healthy/tasty is located on the east side, so it's a little rough to get to in just one lunch hour, while things on the north side are usually just limited to a few restaurants, plus fast food. (We do have Subway though; it's a lifesaver if I forget to pack lunch!)

In a previous post, I mentioned last week, a friend/coworker of mine and I attempted to go to the new-ish Thai restaurant, however it being Good Friday, they appeared closed. Since I've never had Thai food, I slightly breathed a sigh of relief, especially since I hadn't done my homework at that point. I was going in blind! I've never had Thai food before, so with this new experience, I'm nervous.

I'm nervous I'll make a caloric mistake; choose something because I don't know what it is or what's in it, and I'll have a major weightloss setback. I know it's just lunch, it's one meal, no biggie, but to me it kind of is. I'm fearful of a trickle-down/domino effect.

Another issue I have is that there is no menu posted. Again, going in blind. I can't scope out good vs. bad before I go. It does seem really stupid to be so nervous, however I'm also fearful I won't be able to really enjoy it because I'm too busy worrying about counting what I eat.

So, here goes nothing... I'm always up for new experiences, but again, if I can't research it, or know some sort of what I'm getting into, I freak. It's just my nature. But I'm still giving it a shot... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment