Monday, April 1, 2013

I won that battle!

Pop (or soda for some), is my weakness. Now I can honestly say I haven't had a drink of "full-octane" pop for over a few years, but diet is my favorite.

I've done pretty well over brief period for a few weeks before, but it usually didn't last with that first sip after a rough day at work, school, or whatever. Recently though, I cut cold turkey. Not one drop. For 3 weeks! (Usually after one or two, I'll have a pop and it's back on, full-force. Lookout.)

I must admit after these past 3 weeks, I had my first diet soda at my hubby's bowling league night, and guess what?! It was NASTY! I literally could not stand the once desired sweet and syrupy taste. I immediately switched back over to water!

Now, if you're thinking what I was thinking, she must be sick right?! Who is this girl, and what have you done with her?!

WRONG!

Saturday I had the pleasure of taking my 5-year old nephew to get some ice cream at a favorite local hangout once frequented almost weekly in high school. Being the good girl that I was, I just opted for a diet cherry pop, one of my former favorites. And guess what?! I couldn't stand it.

It was actually gross!

That being said, I'm actually very happy I've given up my once can't-live-without weakness. It's all water and tea from here!

I can definitely say I won that battle! :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I made note of the date I gave up diet soda. It has to be almost two years now. I think if I drank it now I would be disgusted by it which is crazy because before it was pretty much the only thing I drank. I'm super proud of you- it's a hard addiction to break but man is it so much better for anyone to just drink water instead :)Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dacia! I definitely feel so much better with just water or unsweetened, brewed tea, now that pop has been eliminated! It was tough, but it feels great!

      Delete