Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Small Craving Victory

Where I work, we have a small frozen custard/food shop in our lounge. It's literally right across the hall from the office, and during some days, it's a wreck for me. I, however, had a small NSV (non-scale victory), one that really helped with my confidence this past week.

Unfortunately for me, I've always been the girl who if you sit a cookie or piece of cake down in front of me, I'll eat it. I'll count it, but I'll eat it. Who cares about dinner, right? (Wrong!) I always joke if I get caught for something (I won't though), the most effective form of torture used on me would include sitting a crap-ton of baked sweets in front of me and say, "Don't touch." I would crack within 5 seconds, no joke.

Soooooo, this past week the custard shop decided to pass out free scoops in the afternoon, just about the time I start to get hungry. Of course, RIGHT?! That dreaded 2:30pm window...

Choices included buttered almond, butterscotch, vanilla, or chocolate. Now this shop normally has lite/sugar free vanilla, which I opt for as a better option. Unfortunately, it wasn't offered up this time. As coworkers filed in with their free scoops, I held strong!

And I completely shocked myself!

For me, this journey has had baby steps, one day at a time. I didn't get here overnight, but through these small battles, I've been able to be successful so far. Will I ever be able to eat healthy without counting? I'm not sure, but I hope one day I can make small, smart choices that help me get there.

Because my weight didn't go on overnight, it's not coming off overnight either. But I only 8.4 to go! :)

"Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible to the visible." -Tony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment