Monday, April 1, 2013

Running Numbers

I can officially happy dance: I'm 89 pounds down!

I never thought I'd make it this far, especially with my plateau at around 175, but this past week, I'm officially 161, which means 11 POUNDS TO GO! That's where I will hit my (max) healthy weight range, and also the three-digit mark: 100 lbs lost!

When I started my Weight Loss Journey, I made the mistake of not taking measurements, as I thought after 2 weeks I'd be back to where I started. It wouldn't take off, nor would my journey last. Well, 3 years later, I've made a few changes in addition to losing weight, including losing 9 to 10 pants sizes (started in 21, now in 10 to 12), as well as almost 2 whole ring sizes. I'm also now smaller size-wise than when I graduated high school. This, to me, is a big deal as I was always bigger in high school, enough to not be comfortable in my own skin. I wasn't BIG-bigger, but I wasn't the skinniest, & certainly not my healthiest.

Looking back, it's been since September since I've blogged. I hate that I haven't, but things have been crazy. I'm currently working on my Bachelors degree, something I've wanted to do for a while, which a recent career switch has allowed. (Bucket list!) With that, I've still tracked for the most part what I eat daily, which has aided in losing almost 15 lbs since September! I've also walked the halls of work during winter on my breaks, making most of being stuck inside. Add in stairs, and it's really starting to show, especially on my legs. :) Looking in the mirror has me so excited to wear short(er)-shorts this Spring & Summer, something I haven't done for quite a few years now.

I'm hoping to get back into blogging again, as I do miss it! I must set time aside, just like I meal-plan. Warmer weather will definitely allow this; I'm taking Summer off from classes, training for my first 5k in July, & of course continuing to ride, hoping to train for a local 22-mile charity ride, also usually in July. Add in some possible ice time (blog later), and I'll still be busy!

I will have much to blog about soon!

For now:

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts."
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment