Saturday, June 8, 2013

C25K: Week 3

Week 3 brought me my first "long runs." When I first looked at Week 3, I honestly said there was no way; it didn't feel natural for me to be able to run a solid 3 minutes without stopping, or dying. 

Week 3 consisted of a 5-minute warmup walk, run for a minute and 1/2, walk for minute and 1/2, run for 3 minutes, then walk for 3. The cycle was repeated twice, then a 5-minute cool down walk, which I found actually not too bad! The recovery of a cool down walk really helped quite a bit. By today, this morning's run didn't feel bad at all! I actually feel pretty comfortable thus far!

I can also report that any muscle soreness I had within Weeks 1 & 2 after runs has pretty much subsided, and I also recover fairly well, which to me is surprising. I'm not riding the struggle-bus anymore, and I love it!

I can also still say running doesn't suck, and that I'm really enjoying it. (Especially this morning as I ran with the sunrise. It was such a sight! The picture does not do justice.)


I'm stressing Week 4, a little. This one will combined my current "long run" of 3 minutes, plus a 5-minute run, which is something I haven't done in a long, LONG time (or joyfully, ever). 


Say a few prayers for me, as now stuff is getting serious to me. I'm almost to the half-way point of the program, but I'm pretty excited to have made this much progress so far.

I'll keep you posted next week on Week 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment